Registration is now open!
4 Interactive & Fun Features
- Personal Budget Game
- Stock Game
- Built-in Lessons & Pop Quizzes
- Student & Teacher Prizes
students from each contest
win a $50 Amazon Gift Card
The Top 10 students from each contest, (from the Budget Game and Stock Game) win a $100 Amazon gift card for their classroom. Teachers of the top-performing finalists will be notified the week after the challenge ends.
teachers will receive a
$50 Staples Gift Card
The 10 teachers that have the most students completing at least 6 months of the budget game will each receive a $50 Staples e-gift Card.
What are the Rules?
- Trading is open from October 1 to November 17, 2023
- Students may trade US stocks and ETFs, and US mutual funds, and bonds
- Students manage a $100,000 virtual portfolio
- Weekly deposits of $1000 will be distributed for students to begin trading on Monday mornings
- There is a $5 minimum price for all stocks
- Students may short sell and buy on margin
- Students may day trade
- Students may only invest 25% of their portfolio in any one security
- Each student is allowed only one entry
- Students can play the Budget Game from October 1 to November 17, 2023
- The game includes 12 months of gameplay where students manage their bills and expenses
- They start as students with part-time jobs, and after 6 months graduate and take on full-time jobs
- Students earn the most amount of points for meeting their monthly savings goals
Financial Literacy Completion Certificate
Students don’t need to complete all the lessons to be eligible for prizes. However, why not take advantage of having free access to our curriculum?
We’ve included 86 lessons from our learning library on investing and personal finance. Each lesson includes a pop quiz at the end with 3-5 questions. Students are required to get 100% on all quizzes to earn the completion certificate, and are able to retake quizzes to improve their score. You can see their progress every step of the way from your Instructor Administrator page.
Example Assignments Include:
- What is the New York Stock Exchange?
- Investing Strategies
- Pay Down Debt or Save?
- Life Insurance
- Use the Saving to be a Millionaire Calculator