Welcome and thank you to all of our valued teachers and students for your participation in the CALIFORNIA STOCK MARKET SIMULATION
Here is a bit of information to help you get started:
- If you have registered then you should have already received your registration information by email that includes your username, password and student team numbers and passwords. If you have NOT received these please let us know and we will re-send.
- Please add the following emails to your address or contact list, or have your administrator set parameters to accept these emails: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please make sure your computers have access to our website: californiasms.com, if not have your administrator set your parameters.
- Check your Internet Browsers and make sure they are up–to-date and have the latest versions.
- Clear all your cookies in order to renew our website, as we make changes during our breaks.
- When you are ready to start with your students:
- Go to our website: californiasms.com
- In the middle of the page or upper right corner, click Log In
- Each team will enter their username (which is their team name listed under Student column on your registration page) and password
- Scroll over the Make A Trade tab and a drop down menu appears
- Scroll down to Trade Stocks or Trade Mutual Funds, click and follow the prompts.
- Teachers also receive their own free account which is your Username and Password you signed up with. You can use this account to keep tabs of all your teams’ activities. Log in as stated above and you will see a Teacher Administration tab. You can add teams here as well.
- You can also use your Teacher Account to play along with your students throughout the simulation.
- You can ADD teams up until the end of the 3rd
- You can CANCEL teams up until the end of the 3rd week and we will not charge you for those teams. You are responsible for all fees for any unused/non-cancelled teams after that date.
- Teachers and students are responsible to know and follow all the rules of the simulation which are listed on our website. Teams will be disqualified from prizes if rules are not followed. Please be sure to pay attention to our 3-4-25 rule and that day trading is not
- It is not required that your teams trade during the first week of the game. Students may trade any day that the market is open, even when your school is not in session. Note that the market closes daily at 1:00PM PST. Classes trading after this time will receive the opening price for the following day. The simulation will update your portfolios and team rankings at the end of the game. It is not necessary for teams to liquidate holdings at the end of the simulation.
You will be EMAILED an invoice for your team fees. Please keep an eye out for it.
If you need any help at all please let us know as we are here to help. We hope you and your students have fun!